- Work in different planes of motion to activate all glute muscles (gluteus maximus, gluteus minimus, and gluteus medius). Movements include hip abduction and hip extension.
- Focus on bigger compound movements for more sets (4-5). These include: deadlifts, squats, hip thrust, lunges, and step-ups.
- Perform mostly heavy sets with the compound movements. Use lower weight with higher reps for isolation movements like leg abduction, fire hydrants, band or cable pull-through, frog pumps to achieve “burn-outs”.
- Perform exercises fast (but controlled) most of the time. But also add in some slowed down eccentric lifting.
- Add “booty bands” to add resistance to glutes.
- Train glutes/legs 2-3 times per week.
Check out the following leg and glutes exercise videos for booty building ideas.
Personal Trainer in Toronto
Eric Astrauskas, Spec. Hons. B.A.(Kinesiology), P.T.S.
Hours: M-F 6am-8pm, Sat+Sun 8am-12pm